Michael Fassbender he is one of those actors who demonstrated his acting talent to the world by interpreting many different iconic roles in films belonging to the most diverse genres.
His career continues to go smoothly and the actor has managed to conquer the public all over the world in a short time, relying on tenacity and his unique and excellent qualities.
So here are ten things to know about Michael Fassbender.
Michael Fassbender film
1. Michael Fassbender: movies and career. Michael Fassbender's career began in 2001, at the age of 24, thanks to his debut in television series Hearts and Bones is Band of Brothers – Brothers at the front, to then continue to recite in this world in Holby City (2002) William and Mary (2005) e Hex (2004-2005). Debuts at the cinema with 300 (2006) and then continues its journey on the big screen, working in films like Hunger (2008), Inglourious Basterds (2009), Town Creek (2009), Jane Eyre (2011), X-Men – The beginning (2011), Shame (2011), Prometheus (2012) e 12 years a slave (2013). Among his latest films, there are The Counselor – The prosecutor (2013), Frank (2014), X-Men – Days of a past future (2014), Macbeth (2015) Steve Jobs (2015) X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), The light on the oceans (2016), Assassin's Creed (2016), Alien: Covenant (2017) The man of snow (2017) e X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019).
2. Not only an actor, but also a producer. Throughout his career, Fassbender has not only played an acting career, but has also tried to make his way as a producer. As such, the actor worked on the production of the shorts Pitch Black Heist (2011) e Zero (2015), while working on films Slow West (2015) Assassin's Creed is Calm with Horses, currently in post-production.
Michael Fassbender and Alicia VIkander
3. They met on the set of Light on the Oceans. It has happened many times that movie sets could be convicts and bring together two soul mates. And this was also the case with Michael Fassbender e Alicia Vikander which, in late 2014, found themselves sharing the set de The light on the oceans, a film in which they played a young couple.
4. They got married in Ibiza. The two actors did not wait long to get married, marrying in October 2017 in Ibiza. Both have always maintained the strictest secrecy about their private lives, so as not to leak anything about their marriage and instructing their guests about the non-use of the mobile phone, so that nothing of that intimate moment would leak out.
Michael Fassbender girlfriend
5. He had famous girlfriends. Before finding his soul mate in Alicia, Fassbender had a quite turbulent love life, made up of numerous acquaintances with more or less famous women. It seems, in fact, that the actor attended Maiko Spencer, stepdaughter of Sam Neill, Zoe Kravitz, Nicole Beharie, the athlete Louise Hazel and the model Madalina Ghenea.
Michael Fassbender Macbeth
6. Reread the script many times. According to what the director said of Macbeth, Justin Kurzel, it seems that the actor read the script of the film about 200 times before presenting himself at the first collective reading.
7. An unusual point of view. It seems that Fassbender was very surprised by the point of view that the filmmakers wanted to give to the story, namely to portray Macbeth as a victim of post-traumatic stress disorder and as a product of war.
Michael Fassbender Shame
8. He was not embarrassed by his nude scenes. Commenting on the shots of frontal nudism that saw him as the protagonist, the actor said, in a 2011 interview with Vulture, that he is puzzled by the fact that "women can walk naked all the time without problems, while the man he must always keep his pants on. I remember my mom always complained about that and said, "This is bullshit, it's always women who are naked."
9. Sex scenes are stressful. The actor said that for him it is partly stressful to shoot sex scenes: "Fortunately I had fantastic partners to work with, all the female protagonists or even women with smaller parts were fantastic." For him, the most important thing is to talk clearly with his colleagues and to understand what can be annoying and what is not, knowing how they feel at ease and trying to create a more relaxed atmosphere.
Michael Fassbender: age and height
10. Michael Fassbender was born on 2 April 1977 in Heidelberg, a city in the federal state Baden-Wurttemberg, in Germany, and its overall height corresponds to 183 centimeters.
Sources: IMDb, Vulture